Sunday 8 March 2015

Local Tourney-23 Participants, 5 Round Swiss, Cut to Top 8

Tourney Report:






Round 1 Vs Nekroz (OO)
Honestly, I never wanted to start my first match like this, with a matchup against Nekroz. Djinn Releaser of Rituals was always a pain in the neck for my deck. Nekroz of Unicore is also another devil, but the banlist helped by limiting it, hence reducing its risk. Nevertheless, experience and statistics proved that a matchup against this archetype to be a terrible one. The fact that majority of my locals are users of Nekroz makes my chances of winning a tournament only dimmer. However, the match result turned into a pleasant surprise.

Game one:
Opponent won the dice roll and opted to go first. Was expecting tons of uninterrupted deck-searching but ultimayely he went with a mere set card and passed. I went ahead to my turn (drew Quickdraw Synchron) and utilized my two Tunings which were present in my opening end to search for a Junk and Quickdraw Synchron. The mills turned out great, with it being one Level Eater and one Maxx C. Normal summoning Junk Synchron, I managed to revived the milled Maxx C and went for T.G. Hyper Librarian. Upon Maxx C's revival, I also dropped Doppelwarrior onto the field from my hand with its own effect. Using the first Quickdraw in my hand, I dumped the second Quickdraw Synchron and summoned Jet Warrior with the help of the previously milled Level Eater, targeting the faced-down backrow my opponent had to bounce. My opponent responded by chaining the card, revealed to be Book of Eclipse and stopped me in the tracks. However, the 3-card draw advantage at the end of my turn was too costly for him to recover as I managed to get a Maxx C and my 3rd Tuning. Maxx C prevented his special summons while a 3rd Tuning managed to get me my 2nd Junk Synchron, completing my required parts to assemble Shooting Quasar Dragon to earn my win in the first game.

Sided Out
Sided In
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Imperial Iron Wall
2 Cyber Stein
2 Diamond Dust
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Maxx C

1 Effect Veiler

Game Two:
My opponent opted to go first again, but his attempt to search his deck with his normal-summoned Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands was stopped by my Effect Veiler. He could not recover from the negation and ended his turn. My opening hand consisted of a few of my side deck cards, such as Imperial Iron Wall and Diamond Dust. I opened Imperial Iron Wall early to prevent my Jet Synchron from being banished. Diamond Dust stopped his from destroying my set monsters as I farmed for a few turns. I got lucky and drew into my second Diamond Dust (but was ultimately never used).
I drew into Cyber Stein next and went for Naturia Exterio. That pretty much sealed the game.
After the game my opponent revealed his hand to me. 2 Nekroz of Trishula, 2 Nekroz of Decisive Armor and his Djinn Releaser of Rituals.
In short, luck granted me my first match win.
Sided Out
Sided In
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Imperial Iron Wall
3 Cyber Stein
2 Diamond Dust
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Maxx C

1 Effect Veiler

Round 2 Vs Vampire (XOO)
Game One:
Against a non meta deck I had little knowledge of, my opponent managed to exploit my inexperience against his deck to his victory. I was baited to use my Effect Veiler at a poor timing and he managed to build his field and attack for game.
Vampire Vamp managed to get rid of my Jet Warrior, which was the best offense I could come out with my starting hand, attacking with a damage of 4100. I conceded the next turn when I could not figure out a solution to it.
Sided Out
Sided In
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Imperial Iron Wall
2 Cyber Stein
1 Maxx C
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Effect Veiler



Game Two:
An early Imperial Iron Wall prevented Mezuki from doing any harm in the grave, until it was called for by Zombie Master for an XYZ summon for
I answered the threat with my trusty Jet Warrior, summoned with the help of Quickdraw Synchron and Level Eater. But Shadow Vampire came next and Crimson Knight Vampire Bram was summoned.
"This monster is a true vampire." Quoting my opponent as he summoned that card.
Annoying as it may be, I ran over it with Road Warrior, which attack was doubled by Rush Warrior. He turned to play defensively but Drill Warrior managed to bypass that with its direct attacks.
Sided Out
Sided In
NIL
NIL

Game Three:
Opponent went first and set three. I drew into Harpie's Feather Duster and placed him at a tremendous disadvantage, although he managed to chain Vampire Takeover  to summon Vampire Duke. He stalled and struggled, managing to force me to mill my spells with his Vampire Duke. I milled my Mystical Space Typhoon to thin my deck.
Few turns later I managed to get T.G. Hyper Libarian and Formula Synchron on the field. Before he managed to build his field, I managed to summon Black Rose Dragon which robbed his chances of a comeback. Pot of Avarice aided in the summon of Stardust Warrior on my next turn. He topdecked Book Of Life and managed to summon Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons but Jet Warrior took Stardust Warrior's place on the field after the latter's demise, getting rid of the threat at hand.

Round 3 Vs Qli XX

Forgot exactly what happened but I couldn't stop his plays.
Game 2 's opening hand was so bad I conceded shortly.

Round 4 Walkover
Opponent surrendered in exchange for a shared price.


Top 8 Vs Heroes (OXX)

Opponent gave me the win in exchange for a shared prize. 

Game One:
I won the dice roll (first time of the day). Summoned Cyber Stein, called for Naturia Exterio. With Quickdraw Synchron and Level Eater in hand, Stardust Warrior soon joined Exterio on the field. My opponent conceded and I had no idea what he was playing as we entered into Game Two.
Nevertheless I sided in my two Royal Decrees with the guess that his deck could probably traps-heavy since he conceded after Exterio was summoned.

Game Two
An early A Hero Lives brings Shadow Mist to the field, revealing his deck. With the help of Gyrocopter, and an E-Emergency Call searching for Bubbleman. He managed to summon Number 16: Shock Master and E-Hero Dark Law.
The Heart of the Cards failed to answer to my call for help as Ryko was brought to its knees as Number 16 declared for Monster Effects. When he called for spells at Number 16's third usage, my 2nd Ryko managed to get rid of Dark Law, but my Lifepoints were already low enough to be finished by Gagaga Gunman in main phase 2.

Game Three
I went first with a poor hand and passed. He summoned Stratos and I veilered. He dodged the bullet with Mask Change Second and I realised my grant misplay as Masked HERO Kamikaze was called to the field. Veiler should have been reserved for other monsters (not that a Dark Law on the field is any better)

The draws gave him enough advantage to answer to my synchro summon. (Number 106 managed to stop Junk Synchron and Stratos participated in the killing hit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment