While there aren't any surprising new addition to the family, an idea that has been dormant for quite some time might just have what it takes to bring my favourite archetype back to its former glory.
Yes, former glory implied that it was glorious once
YES IT WAS
Yosenju Divine Mountain Wind debuted in Dimension Box LIMITED EDITION
If you control no monsters: Activate 1 of these effects;
● Add 1 Level 5 or higher "Yosenju" monster from your Deck to your hand.
● Place 1 "Yosenju Shinchu L" and 1 "Yosenju Shinchu R" from your Deck in your Pendulum Zones, but destroy them during your opponent's next End Phase.
For the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Yosenju" monsters.
Mayosenju Daibak has been around for even longer but has never really caught on. The restrictions placed on its Monster Effect was simply too harsh and the Pendulum Effect did not really compensate for it. In terms of its Monster Effect, it could not compare to the late Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin either. Hence Mayosenju Daibak never really saw much play.
Now that Master Peace the TruedracoSlaying King has taken a backseat in the metagame, Pendulum Summoning is probably much easily to achieve. I also recalled Rippling Mirror Force giving me tons of trouble when I attempted direct attacks with Yosenju Kama 2. Glad that it has seen a fall in usage since then.
============ Main Deck : 40 ============
Mayosenju Daibak x3
Supreme King Gate Infinity x3
Yosenju Kama 2 x2
Yosenju Kama 1 x3
Yosenju Kama 3 x3
Yosenju Shinchu L x2
Yosenju Shinchu R x3
Maxx "C" x3
Swift Scarecrow x2
Harpie's Feather Duster x1
Dark Hole x2
Yosenju's Divine Mountain Winds x3
Yosen Training Grounds x2
Fire Formation - Tenki x2
Drowning Mirror Force x3
Yosenjus' Secret Move x3
============ Extra Deck : 15 ============
Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max x1
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning x3
Number S39: Utopia Prime x1
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon x1
Number C39: Utopia Ray x2
Number 39: Utopia x3
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer x1
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
There are a few ideas involved in the deck.
- Mayosenju Daibak not only clears threats but also returns the searched-and-placed Pendulum Scales (by Yosenju Divine Mountain Wind) back to the hand.
- Supreme King Gate Infinity functions as a high-scale which can interact with both Yosenju Shinchu L and Yosenju Shinchu R
- Shinchu L remains to act to fufil the condition for Yosenju's Secret Move
- Mayosenju Daibak is Level 10. Two of them can summon Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max. This is an extension of how Level 4 Yosenju rush used to rely on Gagaga Cowboy to finish the job.
In my opnion, for the deck to succeed in being Anti-Meta, it would have to balance between choosing to Normal Summon or Pendulum Summon, careful to play around any Solemn Judgment or Solemn Warning.
Slow Life is worth consideration but probably not in this build. Its effect is likely to pose a problem for plenty of current meta decks.