Thursday 17 January 2019

Blog Update: January 2019

Greetings everyone, and a Happy New Year.
Insert (May 2019 be a great year for everyone) blessing.

It has been a hectic few weeks for me, as usual.

Last Leg of 2019

Before Christmas was my family's spring cleaning episode. Those who followed me on twitter would have seen how much I lamented about cards packing and clearing.

After Christmas,  I actually flew back to my neighboring country in Malaysia. I would have been unable to make it for Chinese New Year in Feb, so this is a early family visit to my Grandma.

Here are some pictures for everyone to get a feel of the countryside surroundings:










We did have Wi-fi, but it is pretty unstable. Also, the family interrogation and meals kept me busy, I was also busy fending off mosquitoes.

Road Bumps

Other metaphorical road bumps I had was the repair progress of my other laptop. It had some hardware issues that caused it to keep crashing, and I prefer to blog (esp longer articles) using that laptop since it has a better keyboard 'feel' and a larger screen. My image files for Yu-Gi-Oh, my Discord, Ygopro apps are also all on that laptop since this  smaller one doesn't have enough space or sufficient hardware to support gaming.
(For those re-following the blog, It's the heavy 2kg gaming laptop)
The repair was delayed over the Christmas and New Year break.


2019

As for 2019, Dueling "C" hopes to remain on the blogging scene. taking on a more casual and opinionated approach to articles:

  • Sharing of decklists
  • Meta/Anime/Card discussion, opinions
  • Event experience (Since I am not really a vblog guy)

Other articles, which I consider to be more stringently structured and streamlined, will find its home on the other sites.

What You Should Know
I am keen to continue my [What You Should Know] series on Ygoprodeck, but I am still trying to find a resourceful archetype for me to write on. What kept me from continuing on the series (back then) was the lack of sufficient content to write, as archetypes became more straightforward in their goals and endgame.

(Lockdown, OTK) as opposed to (Resource farming, rushing out monsters)

True Draco was an archetype that was introduced in the OCG miles ahead from what the TCG would have had. My goal for [What You Should Know] was to clear some misconception of the archetype's play style.
Recent decks such as Good-Stuff Link and 60-card Gouki were interesting decks, but failed to provide enough 'meat' for an article, since the function of most cards are obvious enough at first glance.
Of course, if the opportunity arises again, I would definitely jump on it.


Character Spotlight
I really enjoy writing these sort of articles, analysing the characters. I have previously done one for Zane and Bastion. (I enjoy writing in the form of a passive voice).
I am not sure how many readers would be interested in these though.

GX was one of my favourite series and revisiting these characters under a different lens a few years after the series ended does provide fresh outlook. Moving forward, I hope to cover some 5D's characters such as Crow, Akiza, Bruno and Jack, since 5D's remains as my favorite anime series.


Single-Card Discussions
Previous Single-Card Discussion have seen much success. (Link and Link)
However, a prominent trend I am noticing is that tech cards in Yugioh are becoming rotate out faster in recent formats, lasting only for a few weeks.



kensir096.blogspot.com is likely to remain. I have given much thought about porting over to another website with a more user-friendly interface than blogger, but creating another site on Wordpress feels redundant.
I feel that blogging wise, there is much cleaning up to do, in terms of how I organise my blog and articles It's currently still up in the air, as I have to focus on my next event.





Moving Forward

A news I would like to bring forward to everyone would be my participation in ACQ 2019 for event coverage.
Articles will be uploaded to BeyondTheDuel and Ygoevent.wordpress.

Details for ACQ Winter 2019



To everyone going, see you there. Be sure to say hi if we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment