Wednesday 10 April 2019

Blog Update: YOTMY2019

Just a short update:


Sadly I didn't have time nor did I remember to take more pictures at the start and throughout the trip. I am starting to see why people like vlog coz it is much easier but hey, let me try to bring your through the journey.








It is Tuesday night now. I came back yesterday on Monday night.
It was YOTMY2019 - YOT Malaysia 2019 @ Kuala Lumpur.
Time for recap.



Or should I say..

Busy weekend.
Started with a bus there on Monday morning at 9am. 
From Singapore to KL is simple. we have buses that goes regularly, daily across the customs and border, like a road trip. $30 for a ticket, 6 hrs later I am there.

Okay fine, 8hrs coz we got a bad jam. And I hate road trips due to the lack of immediately available
 toilet breaks. I almost suffered a tragedy but luckily, it didn't happen.

Reached, checked in, after walking rounds and rounds coz the area was having a renovation so it was detours and detours lol. great start to the event day 0 and first time there. check in, judge briefing, then sleep.

Day 1 - breakfast, event, overtime, sleep.
Day2 - breakfast, event, wrap up, work, sleep in morning lol

We had a huge crowd this time round. I really wanted to do a blog post about it filled with pictures and stuff. But I am real busy with College deadlines now and I still have to do the YOT Asia Premier decklist lol. (i can manage, but that means I have less time to clean up or perfect this blog post's formatting errors. I mean look at all the sentences that don't start with a Capital Letter. oR those that aren'T supposed to. There is something wrong with the site nowand I don't even Know what is wrong. This is horrendous to even read but I have to plow through it lol. It is lagging real bad man.

disclaimer: I typed the bottom then the top part of the article.



There was basically one night , day 2, where Akira from Roadoftheking both tried to do the decklists overnight. It ended up til 6am ish and we haven't sleep, and the sun was rising. Burned out, I went to grab the hotel breakfast coz I reasoned that I was more hungry than tired. All I can say is, reporting is tough man. Team reporters should be named team reporting is tough work.

Ate, then slept.
Slept is a relative term coz I just straight out crash for 4 hrs until I had to checkout of the room.





Conclusion

Writing has been a joy in my life. I enjoy doing event coverage, feature duels, duelist profiles and even introducing players through interviews. Like I have expressed many times over the years on this blog, Yu-Gi-Oh! gave me plenty of friends.
I am very appreciative of it.

I have come a long way since I first started playing. From being a reader of DuelingDays and simply playing Tag Force

Growing up, I realise how important a 'hobby' aspect of life can be. It is healthy, it helps you recharge, and if you are part of an active community, it makes you wanna do more and give more.
Seeing the crowd at YOTMY, it is really amazing.

Over 400 people, both participants and non-participants, everyone across South-East Asia gather for a common reason - love for the game. Maybe 'love' may be too big a word for some, but you get what I getting at.

Many thanks to those who came forward and talked to me, and sorry I couldn't hold a long enough conversation as I would have liked. But thanks for saying hi, and I hope to see more of you guys around the globe soon, at a real event. Reporting is tough work man.

Moving forward...

Dueling C do have plans. It is mostly GeoTheBacon and me now, but we are still gonna keep it going. Personally, this is a part of my life I wanna have and continue having.

  • I have a couple of articles in the works, in drafts for Ygoprodeck. They are uploaded there due to the nature of the articles. More for the TCG side players (sharing perspectives as an OCG player/ Goat format etc). But hey, check them out if you are interested.
  • I am trying to do YouTube more but the 'time cost' of doing a video is significantly higher than writing. It is a different ball game and I am still learning, but you can look forward to seeing more of me on BeyondTheDuel Youtube Channel.
    In fact most of you may see me every week on BeyondTheDuel Duel Sense. This was last week.
Two years ago

This channel will be mainly used to upload videos, which will be in turn posted and shared on the blog. Unfortunately, I have no plans to start producing Youtube content/videos. I am more of a typing guy.

Famous last words by Ken Sirr
  • I am also trying to grow my own YouTube channel. Haven't begun yet. But the reason behind it has lesser things to do with Yugioh, but more to do with my other hobbies including playing Pokemon games, maybe speedruns, solo-mon runs or even re-runs of Yugioh Tag Force (Yes I do watch Pikaspray)
    • yes, time to speedrun yugioh tag force and watch me cry and breakdown
    • It is not to say that I will slow or cease writing. I know my schedule and update fequency has changed drastically over the years, due to some challenges in my personal life, but i have managed to reconcile many things and I hope both a Youtube channel and a blog (in fact multiple blogs), are feasible goals. Some thingw just present better in youtube video format, like game runs and gameplay videos. I enjoy creating content, which I hope I have viewers that enjoy, so let's just try to have fun at this hobby together. I hope it takes off soon.
  •  And apart from this personal youtube channel we are trying to start our Dueling C youtube channel. A little late to the party, but yes. About this I will be doing a 'following' status quo as GeoTheBacon would be running point on this. He is more of the youtube tech and video editting guy and I am just here, liking my keyboard and articles more. Yes it is in the works, and like I said I hope it takes off soon. I will try to contribute to the channel too, but I have to think about how and what I can bring to the channel and that is still a question mark so.
  • \Bacon and I wanna move away from Blogger soon. It is not that we hate it or anything. But anyone who uses it will know how limited it is and how annoying it can be at times. I started using it coz I was following the (outdated) trend when everyone was using blogger in the early 2000s. Let's just say it hasn't aged well. I didn't know much about formatting or html then so I was satisfied with it. Now, not so much, after I found out how much 'cleaner' Wordpress can be.
    • We are looking towards wordpress, but there are still kinks to iron out.
  • Last item on the list is more 'big' but I won't review the contents yet. I will leave this here as a personal note to myself and an easter egg to others who come across this. Hopefully it takes off. It is a joined project by GeoTheBacon and me.

Either way I am excited, and I hope to be able to reach these goals closer, and even achieve them, by the end of 2019.
Summer break is coming for me WHICH MEANS THAT I HAVE NO HOMEWORK AND COLLEGE DEADLINES THIS PART IS PURPOSELY CAPITALISED BECAUSE IT IS 1AM HERE NOW AND I AM A LITTLE HIGH LOL.

But I took one hour to write this post lol. now i have to get back to work on the YOT AP Decklist.

I have twitter
 so try to find me there.
And I am so sorry if I hurt your eyes with this poorly formatted article.

No comments:

Post a Comment