Greetings and hello to our first article of 2017. Today, we will be talking about the Wind Witch engine in this short article. The engine has been a popular one since its release and has seen play alongside Metalfoes, Spirit Beast, but most commonly in [The Invoked] decks.
Windwitch - Snow Bell
If the only monsters you control are 2 or more WIND monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. A WIND Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.
Windwitch - Ice Bell
Note: The use of this card's effect to summon itself from hand starts a chain.
Windwitch - Glass Bell
- Activate Windwitch - Ice Bell's effect from your hand, special summon it.
- Using Ice Bell's effect, special summon Windwitch - Glass Bell from the deck.
- Chain Link 1, Windwitch - Glass Bell's effect, search Windwitch - Snow Bell from the deck.
- Chain Link 2, Windwitch - Ice Bell's effect, deal 500 damage to your opponent.
- Special summon Windwitch - Snow Bell from your hand.
- Synchro summon Windwitch - Winter Bell using Ice Bell & Glass Bell.
- Activate Windwitch - Winter Bell's effect, targeting Glass Bell in grave, deal 800 damage to your opponent.
- Synchro summon Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon using Winter Bell and Snow Bell.
Clear Wing Fast Dragon can be summoned out if you are facing a troublesome foe such as Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy.
Players have also cautiously turned towards the summoning of Clear Wing Synchro Dragon as opposed to Windwtich - Winter Bell as Winter Bell can be destroyed by Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit, which would effectively disrupt the combo.
While Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit can be used on Windwitch - Ice Bell, it will just prompt the player to summon Windwitch - Glass Bell and use its effect to search out another copy of Ice Bell for a second attempt on their next turn. The same can be said for when the effects of Ice Bell and Glass Bell are triggered (in step 3 and 4 in the method listed above). Hence, opponents have been reserving Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit to striking Windwitch - Winter Bell instead.
Players, adapted according, but swapping their choice to Clear Wing Synchro Dragon.
Rin's and Yugo's monsters working hand in hand. Shippers would be proud~!
While Torrential Tribute may be capable of interrupting the play half way, Compulsory Evacuation Device is a much more effective removal option. It can be utilised even after Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon is summoned out to the board, which may be a common problem players face when going second.