Sunday 29 May 2016

Journey to ACQ: K. Xavage

To start things off, I shall give a brief introduction of myself. My name is K. Xavage (mainly for being way too savage within Dueling Cancer) , and my current favourite deck is Metalfoe.

That is all about me for now and without further ado, I shall now tell you about my story on the day of the Asia Championship Qualifiers (SG) 2016.


I woke up at 6 a.m. on the day itself, ate my breakfast and soon enough, I realised that I had not packed my items that I needed for the ACQ. Me being a cool little kid decided to calm down and slowly gathered all the items that was required for that day, only to come to the realisation that I couldn't find my dice. Therefore, I decided to ask GeoTheBacon to lend me a dice while continuing my search for the dice. In the end, I managed to find my hidden stash of dies and eventually went out of my house towards my nearest MRT before heading off towards Esplanade MRT.

Upon reaching, I tried to contact the members of Dueling Cancer to meet-up for breakfast.
However, the only ones that were about to reach Esplanade MRT were DAM SON and Ken Sir as GeoTheBacon stated that he would be late as he wanted to fully charge his phone while Traveler of the Burning Herpes overslept and was trying his best to reach the event venue as soon as possible.
In the end, DAM SON and Ken Sir came into a conclusion and decided to have McDonald's (again!?!?) for breakfast as I have already eaten mine. GeoTheBacon joined us shortly after we arrived at McDonald's and well, Traveler of the Burning Herpes was still trying to get to the event venue so we decided to buy breakfast for him and Meow Heidi.
As Meow Heidi was way too hungry and needed his breakfast urgently in order to maintain his mental status, once again, me being the nice kid decided to go on a shoooooooort journey to the event venue to pass him his breakfast.
Afterwards, I went back to McDonald's as I didn't want to be a lonely kid sitting outside the doors of the room.

Finally, the members of Dueling Cancer have finished eating their breakfast and we were soon on our way to the convention hall. After passing Traveler of the Burning Herpes his breakfast , we were trying to check through our deck lists to see if we had put in the correct set number for the cards while trying to keep our decks a secret from the people that were trying to scout before the games started.



The pairings were finally out and all the members of Dueling Cancer headed off to their respective seats.

Round 1 Mermails OO













Game 1 : Win

I lost the dice roll and my opponent decided to go first. He had a very bad starting hand and therefore , he set down two cards in his backrow and swiftly ended his turn. It was my turn next and I placed Archfiend Eccentrick on the pendulum scale to destroy one of his set cards . Thankfully, the one that I destroyed was Twin Twisters. I proceeded on by setting two of my Metalfoe cards on the pendulum scale. Firstly, I activated my Metalfoe Goldriver's pendulum effect to destroy my Metalfoe Wolflame on the other pendulum scale to set down Metalfoe Fusion and then placed another Metalfoe Wolflame on the pendulum scale and pendulum summoned my Metalfoe Wolflame and Archfiend Eccentrick. I then activated my Metalfoe Fusion to fuse the two monsters I control to summon out Metalfoe Adamante. Then , I activated Metalfoe Fusion's graveyard effect to shuffle back itself to draw a card, and the card I drew was Cyber-Stein. I normal summoned Cyber-Stein and activated it's effect to summon out Naturia Exterio . I then attacked him for a ton of damage before ending my turn.
He conceded the next turn because of the huge disadvantage Naturia Exterio gave him .

Game 2 : Win

He set down two Twin Twisters and ended his turn without summoning a monster. On the next turn, I activated Harpie's Feather Duster and pendulum summoned out everything to attack him for game.













Game 1 : Lose

I shall keep it short and sweet. Opponent went first and flipped his face-down Anti-Spell Fragrance on my first standby phase. I decided to concede as I had no way out of the lockdown.

Game 2 : Lose

After the horrible first game, I decided to side in two Cosmic Cyclones ,one Mystical Space Typhoon, two Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries and a Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal.
And so the second game began, I let him go first as I was afraid of drawing into too many hand traps and unable to do any stuns on the first turn. Luckily , I drew into Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries and a Cosmic Cyclone to get rid of Anti-Spell Fragrance. However , he set his field up with a Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss but I activated Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries's effect to banish Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal and from then on , he was unable to proceed and make any more plays so he ended his turn. When it was my turn , I was unable to do anything so I just set down a Metalfoe Goldriver and ended my turn. The next turn , he brought out a bunch of monsters and took me down with an all-out direct attack after removing my Metalfoe Goldriver from play using Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss's effect. And that was it for my second round of the day.....


Round 3 D/D/D XX


....It was Bahamut84 of DuelingDays....











Game 1 : Lose

Due to my lack of memory, I forgot everything that happened in this game. But I do remember siding in two Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries and a D/D/D Flame King Genghis.

Game 2 : Lose

Misplayed real bad this game. I had both Cyber-Stein and Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow in my hand. What I did was I special summoned Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow and normal summoned Cyber-Stein. I then proceeded on to use Cyber-Stein's effect to special summon Metalfoe Adamante to special summon Ultimaya Tzolkin with Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow and Metalfoe Adamante. I then set a card down to summon Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
What I realised after the match was I could have special summoned Naturia Exterio with Cyber-Stein and synchro summon into Black Rose Moonlight Dragon with Cyber-Stein and Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow and I would still have two tokens remaining to use for the other Metalfoe's pendulum effects. And that cost me the game...... all hail misplays.


Round 4 Odd-Eyes Counter OO











Game 1 : Win

He won the dice roll and decided to go first. However , all he did was place his pendulum scales and pendulum summon out Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin from his hand. With no set cards on his field , I proceeded on with my plays the next turn with a Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow and my own version of Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin. By using the pendulum effects of the Metalfoe cards on my pendulum scale , I managed to set down a Metalfoe Combination along with a Metalfoe Counter.  At that point of time , I had a Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin and a Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow. The next turn , he activated Odd-Eyes Fusion and tried to use monsters from his Extra Deck. I then told him that Odd-Eyes Fusion can only use monsters from Extra Deck if the controller's opponent has two or more monsters and the controller controls NONE . However , his field had a Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin so his Odd-Eyes Fusion was declined. He then proceeded on to Battle Phase to crash both our Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin which left me with only one monster on the field. During his Main Phase 2 , he once again tried to activate Odd-Eyes Fusion and use monsters from his Extra Deck which was once again declined by me as I told him that because of him ramming both our Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin , I now only control one monster which was Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow. At that point of time , he could only pendulum summon back out his Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin and end his turn. The next turn, I activated Metalfoe Goldriver's pendulum effect to destroy Metalfoe Combination and set down Metalfoe Fusion which then activated Metalfoe Combination's effect as chain 1 and Metalfoe Counter's effect as chain 2 , bring out a Metalfoe Wolflame and adding another Metalfoe Goldriver to hand. I then proceeded on to normal summoning Metalfoe Goldriver and activating Metalfoe Fusion to fuse the recently normal summoned Metalfoe Goldriver and the Metalfoe Wolflame which was brought out by Metalfoe Counter into Metalfoe Orihulk. Then, I activated Metalfoe Fusion's graveyard effect and drew into Cyber-Stein. He activated his Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin's effect to return both himself and Metalfoe Orihulk back into our 'hands'. I then pendulum summoned all my Metalfoe monsters and my Cyber-Stein and activated Cyber-Stein's effect to bring out Naturia Exterio and he decided to concede.

Game 2 : Win

Let's just say that he Solemn Warning-ed my Metalfoe Fusion instead of my pendulum summon.


Round 5 Shaddoll Trains OXX














Game 1 : Win

Won the dice roll so I decided to go first. Opened up with Cyber-Stein so I normal summoned Cyber-Stein and special summoned Naturia Exterio using Cyber-Stein's effect. He set down a Skill Drain which was later destroyed by Archfiend Eccentrick.
Both parties did not want to drag time and so we proceeded on to the next game shortly after.
As I had played with this player before , I thought that he would be playing Qliphorts and therefore sided in Wavering-Eyes.

Game 2 : Lose

He decided to go first and summoned out a Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora (it's a legit name). I tried to stall for time to find a way to clear that 1 Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora only to realise after a few turns , there were 3 Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora. I decided to concede as 1 was already hard enough to clear.

Game 3 : Lose

Went first hoping to draw into a Cyber-Stein or a Blackwing - Gofu the Ghostly Shadow which I didn't. On the next turn , he brought out a Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora . The next turn , I managed to find a way out of Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora and proceeded on to place my pendulum scales.......only to get myself into trouble as he activated his Wavering-Eyes, adding a Archfiend Eccentrick to his hand. I had no way out and finally surrendered.



All in all , ACQ SG 2016 was a great learning experience for me and I roughly know what changes I should make to my deck. Although I did not make it to the top 26 cut , I felt that this event made me know more about my opponents' decks and I would take careful precaution when siding with a specific deck.

Thats it for my review on ACQ SG 2016, hope that you have enjoyed reading it and your mind is not blown yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment