Sunday 19 March 2017

OCG January 2017 Format with Invoked Zoodiac - Decklist

Invoked 12z
Part 1.
Part 2 shall be a tourney report, so stay tuned.

Decklist




============ Main Deck : 40 ============
Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju x1
Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju x1
Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju x1
Photon Thrasher x3
Zoodiac Viper x2
Aleister the Eidolon Summoner x3
Zoodiac Marmorat x3
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit x3
Maxx "C" x3
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Terraforming x2
Eidolon Summoning Magic x2
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber x3
Cosmic Cyclone x2
Elemental Triangle of the Zoodiac x3
Reckless Magic Circle x3
Dimensional Barrier x2
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x1

============ Extra Deck : 15 ============
Merkabah the Eidolon Beast x2
Magallanica the Eidolon Beast x1
Purgatorio the Eidolon Beast x1
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning x1
Number 39: Utopia x1
Gagaga Samurai x1
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Zoodiac Tigress x1
Zoodiac Lyca x1
Zoodiac Drancia x2
Zoodiac Broadbull x2

============ Side Deck : 15 ============
Lunalight Black Sheep x1
Polymerization x1
Mind Control x2
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1
Twin Twisters x2
Forbidden Apocrypha x2
Typhoon x3
Mirror Force x2



I played a 3-3 Kaiju enjine, consisting of three Kaiju monsters and three Interrupted Kaiju Slumber. This is just my personal preference. Others prefer four. The Kaijus were selected due to their attributes - LIGHT, EARTH, FIRE. Three of the Attributes which I have fusions for, in my Extra Deck.

The Zoodiac engine's job is to provide the deck with draw power and access to the Rank4 engine. Most importantly, I use it to bait out Dimensional Barrier so I can safely enter a Fusion Summon without being disrupted.

Photon Thrasher is another 'engine' which I included. It is a LIGHT fodder for Invoked Mechaba, and also enables plenty of plays with only one more card. (OTKs and field setups.)

Maxx "C" seems obligatory in this format, and while Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit can be reduce to two, being at three gives me more allowance and also fuels my deck's need for LIGHT monsters.

I dropped the Artifact engine due to Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring being everywhere. And before you ask why I don't have it in my own deck, the answer is quite simple

- I just don't have my own copies. #lol
Shoutout to Scrublas who offered to lend me his.

My Extra Deck choices are quite standard. Invoked Mechaba can be raised to three copies, but I haven't found a need to use beyond two copies. In my five games today, there are a few monsters I didn't end up using:
  • S39: Utopia the Lightning & Number 39: Utopia
  • Gagaga Samurai
  • Evilswarm Exciton
 The Utopia duo is to get over powerful foes should the situation call for it. I also enjoy its LIGHT attribute. Gagaga Samurai is an offensive Rank 4 to contribute to OTKs or just massive damage. Evilswarm Exciton has a quick-play nuke effect that can turn the tides of the game. Its quick-effect is what earned it the slot, as staples like Diamond Dire Wolf, Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer are always bullied by Zoodiac Drancia.

Side Deck wise:
  1. Mirror Force is meant to take the opponent by surprise, as it is not a common pick nowadays. Torrential Tribute is more favoured by players. It is a better card to have than Dimensional Barrier in a True-Draco matchup.
  2. Forbidden Apocrypha is a good go-second trap to have in the deck, to replace Dimensional Barrier.
  3. Typhoon is a preffered S/T destruction option, in addition to Cosmic Cyclone which is in my Main. It is used as an 'out' to floodgates such as Imperial Iron Wall and Anti-Spell Fragrance, and it was a lifesaver in my fourth and fifth game of the day.
  4.  Lunalight Black Sheep + Polymerization: Because we don't have Elder Entity Norden in the OCG. This set is meant to play around Dimensional Barrier and conserve resources . Getting hit by Dimensional Barrier when resolving Invocation hurts more than when I use Polymerization. Polymerization is meant to bait out threats like this in a sense, and also to enable me to still fuse even after losing all copies of Invocation. Zoodiac Broadbull searches Lunalight Black Sheep, allowing me to rush out Fusions when I need to.
  5. Mind Control is a good go-second card to steal opposing Zoodiac monsters to Xyz with or just any monster to fuse with. Don't forget Fusion Materials on the field gets banished by Invocation.
  6. Twin Twisters clears heavy backrows and is a good card to have against Trap-heavy decks.
  7. I built my deck to go first, so cards that benefit more from going second, like Dark Hole and Monster Reborn, are placed in my Side.

Conclusion


I really enjoyed playing the deck as the Invoked theme has been one of my favourites. Recently, I started to take a liking towards Fusion archetypes, and I guess it all started from Metalfoes.

For the next article, I will include a tourney report on how I sided for the games.

In the following format, I am interested to try out the Wind Witch engine for the deck and some gimmicky options like Blue-Eyes Invoked, Chaos Invoked and HEROes Invoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment