Thursday 12 January 2017

Invoked-Zoodiac decklist


Known by many names - 12z Summoner, 12z Eidolon, Eidolon Zoodiac, Summoner-Zoodiacs

Combos: (link)

Cards intro: (link)
============ Main Deck : 41 ============
Photon Thrasher x3
Zoodiac Viper x2
Aleister the Invoked x3
Zoodiac Marmorat x3
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit x2
Maxx "C" x3
D.D. Crow x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Terraforming x3
Eidolon Summoning Magic x2
Monster Reborn x1
Twin Twister x2
Elemental Triangle of the Zoodiacs z2
Reckless Summoning Circle x3
Torrential Tribute x3
Seasonal Direction of the Zoodiacs x1
Dimension Barrier x3
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
============ Extra Deck : 15 ============
Merkabah the Invoked x2
Magallancia the Invoked x1
Purgatorio the Invoked x1
Raideen the Invoked x1
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer x1
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Zoodiac Tigress x2
Zoodiac Drancia x2
Zoodiac Boarbow x1
Zoodiac Broadbull x2
============ Side Deck : 15 ============
Elysion the Invoked x1
Harpie's Feather Duster x1
Dark Hole x1
Cosmic Cyclone x3
Book of Moon x2
Forbidden Chalice x2
Super Polymerization x1
Necrovalley x1
Anti-Spell Fragrance x3



Please do not spam me with questions as to why it is not a 40-card deck. Or an essay about Hoban. I already had someone done that. (Read below). As much as it surprises you:
  1. I can have a say in the number of cards I play in my deck. (YUP, some people dictate you to have 40-card decks so much they forgot about free will!)
  2. 41, 42 or even 46 card deck can work fine as well. 42 and 43 deck size won a tournament
  3. Each card is vital and crucial to the metagame and deck's playing style.

FAQ (more like Already-asked-questions)
  • One D.D. Crow? Why would you even?
Manticore of Darkness has a loop that can deck you out when you drop Maxx "C" and is becoming the next alternate win condition for Zoodiac decks. One D.D. Crow means the difference between lost and victory against this deck. And in this format, it is never a dead card. Call it tech, call it staple, call it a surprise. I call it a lifesaver.

  • Three Photon Thrasher? Why yo-...
Photon Thrasher is vital to the basic combo essential to the deck. Here is the link again. Extra Photon Thrashers can be used for fusion summoning Merkabah the Invoked, turning the game into a permission game. Either that or it is a negation fodder to be discarded for negating Monster effects.

  • Evilswarm Exciton Knight? Maxx "C" at three? Torrential Tribute at three?
I am an OCG player, this is an OCG blog. Hah! :P
Do some homework and fill up the empty slots when you netdeck transport it over to the TCG list. Yup, feel free to place that one copy of Upstart Goblin.

  • Any changes you would otherwise make to the deck? Room for flexibility?
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit can be bumped to three. It is effective in the metagame and extra copies can be used for Fusion Summon. The deck could cut down on the traps to incorporate either the Artifact engine or the Kaiju engine. Both of which are very common in the OCG right now. Plenty of players come prepared with Breakthrough Skill and Starlight Road. I didn't want to play them since counters for those engines are already in place, and thus the slightly-heavier-than-usual-trap lineup to compensate for a lack of destruction/anti-meta engine.

You can play Starlight Road but Merkabah protects you well enough, at least for me. Solemn Strike are not ideal for this metagame due to the "Pendulum" Magicians and True Kings (about to arrive). I think Compulsory Evacuation Device does the same thing as Strike does to Zoodiac xyz (removal), and Solemn Strike is less reactive/chainable and thus prone to spell/trap destruction.

  • Insert questions about Side Deck here.
    • Dark Hole and Harpie's Feather Duster are for going second to tear the opposing board apart. I opted to leave them out of the Main since I built it to be optimal for first turn plays.  Only exception to this is Maxx "C". Can't afford to take it out.
    • Book of Moon, Forbidden Chalice to tear apart setups and lockdowns as well. Artifacts, Drancia, Vanity's Fiend. You name it, I shut it down.
    • Super Polymerisation and Elysion the Invoked go hand in hand as a couple. Effectively in mirror matches and against pendulum decks.
    • Necrovalley hurts them more than me although I have to be careful and play around it since it got an erratum. Only one copy is needed due to the triple Terraformings played. It is placed usually after Merkabah and Drancia are summoned. Extend handshake?
    • Anti-Spell Fragrance - pendulum hate. Can be swapped for something else I guess, but I had nothing better to include for now. Lightning Vortex in the future maybe?

  • But Ken Sir, Zoodiacs should be banned.
And I think Civil War II was terrible and that I deserved an A for my math. :(
In all seriousness though, it is not that bad. LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SAYING. It is also kinda amusing that the TCG are making a bigger fuss about them than the OCG.

  • Why do I sound so angst in this FAQ post?
One. I just had a bad day. Shared my decklist on Reddit to a few other players via private message. One of which scolded (yup scolded isn't even an understatement) me like I broke the law or something just coz I have a 41-card deck WITHOUT Upstart Goblin. o____o
He sounded more pissed that I wasn't playing the triple Upstarts I was granted by the OCG list than he was about the 41-card deck size. Interesting, because apparently, he is a huge Patrick Hoban fan.

Well, I am no fan of Hoban but I definitely ain't a fan of this Hoban fan. #FreeWill
His rage fed the troll in me and when he was doing his unreasonable rant, I returned with a decklist of 49 cards (without Upstart Goblins again) and that seemed to spite him further. xD

Another was furious and annoyed that I gave him an OCG list. The following are few of his messages unedited.
  • wtf 3 MaxxC r u kidding me?
  • Why would you even play just 1 crow? and 3 thrashers htf?
  • noob reborn is banned not limited did you even write that article?
  • omg torential too do you even yugioh?
  • (insert his rant on how Pot of Desires is a bad card in general)
Desires isn't even on the decklist...

For both of their sakes, I really hope they were just trolling. Not gonna name any names, but I felt this experience was worth sharing. Would also like to take this chance to tell everyone out there reading this that there really isn't a hard and fast way to build a deck. There is no CORRECT ratio, PERFECT build or BEST cards to put.

There are recommended ratios, which could change as time progress and the meta changes. The perfect build, what engine to use is solely (in my opinion) reliant on personal preference and choice. Once again, the metagame will have its implications. But one can always bump on the Dimensional Barriers to compensate for the lack of Artifact Scythe.

TWO, I am in a rush to complete this post, so I can get some sleep (I am ill, very very ill) and I wanted to get my point across fast. This is my personal blog so I can afford to be a little relaxed on my writing style and language. xD It is always fun to write more casually, once in a while.

THREE, I am still partly annoyed, wondering if I should have even suggested that I wanted to share the decklist in the first place. (=_=)


Anyway.
Have fun. There may be some mistakes as I rushed this article out. Do comment below and I will check back tomorrow. Once again, this is just my list. Not an award-winning or first place list.

Credits to DAM SON for contributing with the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment