不知火流 輪廻の陣 (OCG: Shiranui Style Reincarnation Formation/TCG: Shiranui Style Samsara)
Continuous Trap Card
(1) This card’s name is treated as “Shiranui Style Synthesis” while it is in the Spell & Trap Zone.
(2) Once per turn, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
•Banish 1 face-up Zombie-Type monster you control; you take no damage this turn.
•Target 2 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters with 0 DEF; return both of them to the Deck, then draw 1 card.
It's first effect restricts it from being activated alongside Style Synthesis in the same turn, as Style Synthesis contains the restriction of being able to activate one Style Synthesis per turn, but also allows Shiranui Sage an effect boost if this card is on the field.
The second effect on the other hand, is the main focus of this card's effect. Providing protection (in the form of no damage at the cost of banishing a zombie-type monster on the field, Shiranui players can abuse the card's cost to trigger plenty of their archetype's monsters effect. This way, even if this card is destroyed or negated, the monster is still banished as cost and the effect still goes through.
- Banish Samurai of Shiranui and you get a retrieve.
- Banish Chief Priest of Shiranui and you get to disrupt your opponent's plays during their Battle Phase.
- Swordsmith of Shiranui offers a 'can't be destroyed' for zombies on your field, giving invulnerability in battle for your zombie monsters, which works well with Shiranui Style Reincarnation's damage nullification.
Its second effect is what Shiranui players need since its debut. Not only does Shiranui Style Reincarnation offers recycling from the banished zone, and thus players need not rely on the non-archetype support cards like Pot of Avidity or the limited Return from the Different Dimension, it also offers a draw to the player. Having draw power on top of recycling will definitely benefit the zombie archetype, despite the restriction of the targets being 0DEF. Guess Mezuki won't be making the trip back to the deck...
Uni-Zombie is also notable for being a legible target for Style Reincarnation's effect. But his favourite friend for loops and FTKs will be missed. #RIPLevelEater
Well, at least they are a better designed archetype than Sylvans and Amophage, in my opinion...