Sunday 25 December 2016

Appreciation post - Merry Christmas

Merry Xmas everyone

On this special day I would like to express my thanks to many groups of people:
  1. First off, I would like to thank my readers and followers, for making this casual blogging experience of mine a pleasant and enjoyable one. Back then, I wouldn't have thought of having people as far as USA, Canada and Hong Kong being interested in my experiences and viewpoint about the game.
  2. Next, I would like to thank my team of bloggers, even the laziest one of them all, GeoTheBacon. Special mention to Traveller of the Burning Herpes, who has been doing plenty of behind-the-scenes work, helping with proofreading, suggestions and corrections. 
  3. Thirdly, many thanks to Alan from ygoprodeck and my other online colleagues for making my experience on the site amazing. I met more new people to chat with after working with them and got to know the TCG metagame better. On that note, thanks to everyone for your kind words and comments on the Reddit post and articles.
  4. To all the nice people I have met due to the game, thanks for being a reason for me to continue playing.
  5. My thanks extends to sites such as Ygorganisation and the Intro to Expert Players Facebook page. It requires both effort and commitment to keep such sites alive and as a player, I benefited plenty from the constant news updates and decklist sharing. So admins, thank you very much.
  6. I would like to also take this chance to express my gratitude to the various blogs and bloggers during the most popular period of Yugioh blogging. Those blogs kept me interested and etched into the game, eventually convincing me to embark on the road for competitive yugioh and eventually, blogging about the game.
  7. Lastly, but definitely not the least, this section is reserved for the plenty of players who I started playing Yugioh together, at a casual level, right from the very start:
    • Special shout-out to my longest friend and lifelong rival - Benjaya Holymoly. We used to have Skype duels and regularly meet ups. We have plenty of hilarious moments, many of which I can still recall and remember like the back of my hand. His favourite card was Magical Cylinder, which led to many unexpected game-ending situations. And that day I finally countered that card with Damage Eater remained to be one of the proudest moment in my life.
    • Next up was my second group of friends in my Yugioh journey, Team Elemental Strike Force:
      • To Alastiar, Yue Long, Aaron, Joshure, Ronn and Slyvestian, I hope everyone is still doing fine if you do happen to read this. Weekly duels helped kept me sane from the mountain-worth of worklord I was facing from school. And I was always thankful to have met a bunch of friends who shared my passion for the game.

I hope that 2016 has been a great year for many of you, just like it has been for me, and likewise, I wish 2017 will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment